The Club at Wild Dunes is proud to be supporting the American Heart Association’s Annual Heart Walk! Follow the trails around Wild Dunes and use our Heart Walk Trail Map to discover heart healthy exercises along the way. Just think, you walk 5 miles during the average game of golf or tennis. This should be cake!
• 20 minutes of vacuuming is like walking one mile
• 30 minutes of grocery shopping every other week for a year is like walking a marathon
• If you walk 1,000 miles a year in your lifetime, you’ll have walked around the world twice!
• Studies show that for every hour of walking, life expectancy may increase by two hours.
• Unleash your inner child with fun games like chase, tag, and kid-friendly obstacle courses
• If you’re too busy to carve out time for a longer walk, split it up into shorter sessions that work for you
• Put the screens on hold. Instead of heading right for the TV after dinner, take a walk, practice a sport, or play a game of hide-and-seek.
• Tune into fitness during TV time. Walk or jog in place or on a treadmill, lift weights, or do yoga while you watch your favorite shows.
• Get your garden on. Gardening, mowing and yard work are a great way to get active outdoors.
• Take a break from your to-do list to add a few minutes of calm to your day
• Practicing yoga can add calm reflection into your life while challenging your body
• Practicing yoga can give you added strength and flexibility
• Focus on healthy outlets for your stress like taking a walk, journaling, or a hobby that you love
• Add regular exercise, breath work, and meditation to your routine to help you relax under pressure
• Be sure to get enough sleep and take everything one step at a time
• Use your vacation days, whether you go on a big trip or just hang at home for a staycation
• Proper rests allows you to recharge your batteries
• Many people require about seven hours of quality sleep each night
• Keep your kitchen stocked with fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains to add nourishment to your life
• Concentrate on smaller portions, rather than forcing yourself to eliminate foods you love
• When eating out, go for the grilled options instead of fried
• Eat healthier one plate at a time by adding a little color to every meal and snack!
• Shop your local farmers market to find seasonal fruits & veggies
• When eating out, look for ways to add color like switching out fries for apples or a side salad
• More than 1 in 3 adults has some form of cardiovascular disease.
• Today, about one of three American kids and teens are overweight or obese, nearly triple the rate in 1963.
• High blood pressure can be controlled through lifestyle changes such as physical activity and healthy diet and, if necessary, medications
• Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
• On average every 4 minutes someone dies of a stroke.
There's an abundance of award-winning cuisine in the Isle of Palms and Charleston area and Wild Dunes Resort is no exception. Experience seasonal menus featuring local and sustainable cuisine at our onsite restaurant Coastal Provisions. Enjoy poolside favorites at Beachside Burgers & Bar (open seasonally), or have a home-style family dinner delivered right to your door.Reserve at Coastal Provisions Reserve at Billy G's Smokehouse Reserve at Huey's Southern Eats Order Groceries from Hudson's Market
Whether you're a Resort guest, a local or a visiting golfer, South Carolina's finest golf awaits you at Wild Dunes Resort. Our courses are open to the public, so book a round below or call 855.998.5351.Book a Tee Time
The Spa at Sweetgrass is a world-class spa with an array of locally-inspired, truly authentic wellness experiences- from massage therapy and facials to body treatments, wellness classes, and more.Learn More