Spring break in Vail is not to be missed!
Vail is not to be missed in this time of the year. Moderate weather and longer days offer incredible skiing conditions coupled with signature events making Vail the perfect destination for Spring Break! Outside of the epic skiing, Vail has you covered from concerts to contests to culinary celebrations.
Join us this March and April for a spring break ski vacation that has activities for everyone.
- Explore Vail's legendary Back Bowls
Enjoy a personal guide and up to six friends or family while experiencing some of the most limitless ski terrain in the world. Your full-day tour will be led by a private and knowledgeable resort professional who will seamlessly navigate Vail’s Back Bowls, allowing you to take in the vastness and views while offering helpful tips for sharpening your skills, sharing local knowledge and expedited lift access. Whether it's a classic powder day or a day exploring Five Star Grooming on some of our signature Back Bowl runs, you'll make the most out of your vacation with this quintessential Vail experience. Book online to guarantee your lowest price.
- Celebrate the Legacy of Vail during Vail Legacy Days with the 10th Mountain Parade, Commemoration of The First Hike and more.Dates:Daily: Feb 15 - Feb 18
- Burton US Open:Watch the exciting 2019 Burton US Open Snowboarding Championships when it returns to Vail Mountain. Olympic Medalists such as Mark McMorris, Kelly Clark, Aymu Hirano, Jamie Anderson and many more.Dates:Daily: Feb 25 - Mar 02
- Stimulate your culinary juices with Taste of Vail .The Taste of Vail is the nation's premier spring food and wine festival, held at several venues throughout North America's favorite ski resort.Dates:Daily: Apr 03 - Apr
- Relax after an energizing day on the slopes and Find your inner Zen at The Spa at Hotel Talisa with a signature Himalayan Salt stone massage.Then recline with your favorite beverage in the Spa Lounge overlooking Gore Creek.
- Spring Back to Vail as itbrings spring in the mountains to life with free concerts at Ford Park. The Spring tradition continues with the World Pond Skimming Championship. Costumes and skimming across icy water holds strong as participants will ski themselves off a snow jump in the hopes of coming out on the other side in style. The top male and female in the contest will each be awarded the grand prize of a 2019-2020 Vail Resorts Epic Pass and other prizes.
- The Powabunga inaugural costume ski event will take place on Vail mountain at High Noon // Saturday, March 23.We will have live music at the finish line while spectators revel at contestants cruising down the Black Forest ski course in their finest giddup. This celebration is more about bright self expression than going fast, and our judges will score on categories that include Best Dressed, Best Duo, Best Denim, and Best Onesie.We will be giving away an 2019-2020 Epic Pass, skis, a snowboard, and more from our sponsors.Music provided by Powabunga resident Beschloo + a VERY special surprise guest. The first 300 Powabunga ticket holders to RSVP (It’s free to enter) get the opportunity to show the valley what they’re made of.
- Book a day trip snowmobiling with Nova Guides. For the ultimate snowmobile experience we offer a half-day and full-day excursion at our primary Camp Hale location. Our most popular tours, the Top of the Rockies tours include endless miles of open meadows and spectacular 360-degree panoramic views of four surrounding mountain ranges including the Continental Divide. Operating our tours in the White River National Forest at Historic Camp Hale, we reach elevations of 12,500 feet on the largest commercial snowmobile trail system in the Vail and Beaver Creek area. All guided snowmobiling tours include door-to-door transportation, a professional guide, new model Ski-Doo snowmobile, snowsuit, boots and helmet. The morning half-day tour and full-day snowmobile tours include lunch.
- Welcome to Pink Vail™, the world's biggest ski day to conquer cancer. Join us on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at Golden Peak in Vail, CO.Pink Vail is one of Vail’s most anticipated events of the season and the only one of its kind. Similar to a run or walk to support cancer, Pink Vail participants register here and ask their friends and family to make a donation on their behalf. Pink Vail is a fundraiser that brings nearly 3,000 people, dressed in pink, together on Vail Mountain for an all-day event with live music, deck parties, costume contest and more. Participants range in age from 1 to 95 years old, and many of them don’t even ski on the day of the event.
- Enjoy a free one hour public art tour of Vail on the first and third Wednesdays of the month starting January 2nd through April 17th . Meet at 3:30 p.m. at the Vail Village Welcome Center on the top level of the Vail Village parking structure. The tour winds its way through the Village with discussions of the history of the Vail Valley, the founding of Vail mountain, the master planning of the Village, and the importance of site-specific art. The town of Vail’s public art collection includes over 55 works of art. Winter Wednesday Art Walks
January 2nd through April 17th, 2019 @ 3:30 p.m., free.
First & Third Wednesdays of the Month