9 Ways to Indulge in Fall
The air is growing crisp, the leaves are changing colors and the sun is setting earlier. Summer has quickly turned into fall in Washington. Washington is a great place to be for fall, with all the fall festivals, pumpkin patches, orchards, and ways to take in the season. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some ways that you can embrace fall to the fullest:
- Take a Staycation: Savor a weekend away and enjoy the flavors of fall. Bundle up in a cozy sweater and take in Lake Washington. Explore the surrounding area and let the beauty of nature sweep you away!
Image: Fox Hollow Farm
- Visit an Apple Farm: This activity is great for families. With orchards all over Washington State, you can make it a day trip or a weekend away. Bring the apples home & create a new fall recipe. We recommend The Farm at Swan's Trail in Snohomish.
Image: The Farm at Swan's Trail
- Go on a Hike: Pick from one of the many trails in the Pacific Northwest. Get out and enjoy the scenic foliage and the crisp fall air. Visit Washington Trails Association to find the right hike for your level & interests.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest: This is a fall favorite! All around the state, you can find an Oktoberfest that is filled with food, drinks and fun. From Kirkland (this upcoming weekend!) to Leavenworth, this is an event you won't want to miss.
Image: Kirkland Views
- Try a Fall Farmer's Market: Pick up fresh flowers to bring fall colors into your home. Add fresh ingredients for the recipe you've been wanting to try. We recommend the Kirkland Wednesday Market (through September), or the Ballard Farmer's Market (year-round).