Spring training baseball in Tempe, Arizona is just around the corner. Fans of all kinds, whether they are die-hard baseball enthusiasts or just like to watch occasionally, all love taking in the pre-season games in the valley of the sun. It’s time to dust off your glove, slather on the sunscreen, and head out to one of these top five spring training baseball venues in Arizona:
5. Scottsdale Stadium: home of the San Francisco Giants. This stadium is right in the heart of Scottsdale, which makes it perfect excuse to make a whole day of it. Head to Old Town Scottsdale for some pregame drinks, or visit one of the many restaurants or bars after the game.
4. Hohokam Stadium: home of the Oakland Athletics. A renovated state-of-the-art facility, and oodles of lawn seating make this stadium one of the best choices for taking in the real Spring Training experience. Located in Mesa, this stadium is within 15 minutes of Tempe Mission Palms.
3. Salt River Fields at Talking Stick: home of the Colorado Rockies. One of the newest & most popular Spring Training baseball facilities, this is also the home of the Arizona Diamondbacks as well as the Rockies. This stadium has a great location, just off the freeway and close to downtown Scottsdale, Arizona.
2. Tempe Diablo Stadium: home of the Los Angeles Angels. Located in Tempe, this stadium is nestled in Twin Buttes making for a picturesque backdrop unlike any other. This venue is conveniently located off of two major freeways and close to Phoenix Sky Harbor airport.
1. Sloan Park Mesa: home of the Chicago Cubs. Located just a couple of miles from Tempe Mission Palms, the stadium is referred to as Wrigleyville West with its replica marquee sign, and outfield berm that pays homage to Wrigley Field. Unique, and fun, this stadium is not to be missed – especially when bragging to your friends on Instagram.