Snow, Sunshine and Endless Outdoor Adventures
Some of us see snow in the weather forecast and imagine a day stuck indoors. But others see a world of outdoor adventure possibilities. If you fall in the latter category, then Central Oregon is the place for you. The region – home to Sunriver Resort – comes to life during the winter months, with skiing, snowboarding, sledding and much more all easy to enjoy, no matter what level of experience you’ve reached. Here’s what you have to look forward to – plus a 2019 winter deal you don’t want to miss.
- Your winter adventure in Central Oregon starts here. Mt Bachelor is just 20 minutes from Sunriver Resort (guests can take a shuttle to and from), offering some of the best snow sports in the Pacific Northwest. Boasting 4,300 skiable acres, the area receives upwards of 370 inches of fresh white powder every year. The terrain is incredibly diverse. You’ll zip through trees, chutes and other natural features from the summit of beautiful Mt Bachelor. For anyone who loves snowboarding and/or skiing, it’s the definition of a dream come true.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Mt Bachelor is just the beginning, though.
- Mt. Bachelor's Snowblast Tubing Park is Central Oregon's largest snow tubing experience. With an 800-foot ride full of fun bumps and jumps, it’s perfect for the whole family. Learn more
- For one of the most unforgettable winter activities in Central Oregon, try dogsledding. Guided by an expert, you’ll glide over the snow, soaking in the spectacular sights of snow-covered Cascade Mountains, all from the cozy comfort of an Iditarod dog sled. Learn more
- Want to learn about the eco-system of the Mt. Bachelor area and the surrounding Deschutes National Forest? Take a free 90-minute snowshoeing tour with a US Forest Service Naturalist. You’ll discover lovely flora and fauna and enjoy the otherworldly stillness of the wintry landscape. Learn more
- Head to to the nearby Sno-Parks for a snowshoeing, cross country skiing, or cold weather hiking adventure! These trails have warming huts scattered through them complete with comfortable seating and fireplaces. They are the perfect resting place for the adventurous people who embark on these snowy escapades.
- Mt Bachelor is also a great spot to enjoy the serenity and physical exercise of cross-country skiing, with more than 30 miles of groomed track-set trails.
More Sunriver Winter Activities
- Wanderlust Tours offer small group snowshoeing tours during the winter season, including all the gear and training you need. Your naturalist guides know the best off-the-beaten-path destinations, what wildlife to keep an eye out for, and much more.
- In the mood for something a little faster? All winter long, Central Oregon Adventures will offer daily, four-hour snowmobile trips to give you the chance to zoom across snowy meadows and mountain-high terrain.
- Biking in the winter? Of course! Go on a Fat Bike Tour with Cog Wild guides for a scenic half-day journey through the High Cascades.
- Check out Sunriver's 2019 Winter Explorer Guide for even more.
Sunriver's $129 Ski and Stay Package - $129/night per person (two-person minimum)
- Two adult single day lift tickets to Mt Bachelor
- Sunriver Resort benefits including:
- 20% off a Sport's Enthusiast Massage at Sage Springs Club & Spa
- Enjoy Apres Ski food and drink specials at Twisted River Tavern
- Free access to Sunriver Fitness & Aquatics Center
- Access to Sage Springs Club & Spa
- Access to Sage Springs Fitness Center