Things get exciting when you take your group outside
Build teams, explore ideas, and celebrate team dynamics through group activities that broaden perspectives and bring your group together in uniquely fun and memorable ways. Our talented recreation staff is happy to help arrange a variety of group activity programs, such as guided hikes, team-building exercises, sports tournaments and other recreational activities that are customized to your group's interests, abilities and agenda. Following your meeting or conference events, these group activities will make the meeting experience memorable for all of your attendees.
Winter Team-Building and Group Activities
- Broomball - there's nothing like a spirited game of broomball on the resort's ice skating rink to generate laughs and break the ice among group participants.
- Cross-Country Skiing - explore the wonders of the Lake Tahoe backcountry on 18 kilometers of meticulously groomed tracks at our Nordic Center.
- Snowshoeing - the trails meander through our spectacular Squaw Valley meadow and our surrounding Squaw Valley hillsides are perfect for both beginner and experienced snowshoe enthusiasts.
- Downhill Skiing - with our own on-property ski-in, ski-out chair lift, Resort at Squaw Creek can whisk your group away to over 4,000 acres of the finest alpine skiing in North America. Our Lake Tahoe ski concierge attendants provide valet and locker services for your group's equipment as they head back and forth between Squaw Valley’s slopes.
- Dog Sled Tours - hold on tight for a thrilling one-hour dog-sled ride on designated trails through Squaw Valley.
- Yoga - in between meetings or more intense group physical activities, yoga is a great activity for your group to both relax and energize while breathing deeply, stretching, and strengthening.
- Ping Pong - break up the intensity of any meeting by blending fun, skill and lots of laughter in these classic games that we can set up in your meeting or in your break areas.
Summer Team-Building and Group Activities
- Icebreakers - scavenger hunts around the resort are just one of many terrific ways for groups to have fun while getting to know each other.
- Golf - our golf pro shop, Squaw Creek Sports, is happy to set up group golf tournaments or tee times on our beautiful championship course, and your attendess can enjoy our narrow fairways and greens as they wind through Squaw Valley.
- Tournaments - Resort at Squaw Creek features the perfect outdoor facilities for a variety of team-building tournaments, including croquet, tennis, badminton, bocce ball, and other group activities.
- Fun runs - lace up your running shoes! Competitive 5k and 10k races through the magnificent Squaw Valley help groups burn off stress while having fun.
- Mini "putt-putt"- we'll set up a course exclusively for your group in one of our meeting rooms or on our resort's putting green.
- Field sports - play ultimate frisbee, flag football or soccer at Squaw Valley Park, complete with equipment, referee and scorekeeper.
- Guided hikes - explore some of the most inspiring views in North America on miles and miles of Squaw Valley backcountry trails accessible right behind our Lake Tahoe resort.
- Mountain bike rides and bike path rides - with countless miles of Squaw Valley fire roads and single-tracks right outside the resort's front door, as well as nearby paved bike paths that follow the Truckee River, we can arrange group rides that range in difficulty from mild to wild.
- Horseback rides - saddle up for a ride through the majestic alpine meadows and hillsides of some of the most gorgeous backcountry anywhere. Experienced and friendly wranglers make the ride memorable for your group's greenhorns and cowpokes alike.
- Boating, jet skiing and fishing - your attendees are within casting distance of some of the world's best fly-fishing on the Truckee River, or jet ski rentals, paddleboat tours and water-skiing lessons on crystal-clear Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe water activities might prove to be the ultimate group activities for your attendees.
- Canoeing, kayaking and rafting -arrange a thrilling excursion for your group. The nearby Truckee River and deep-blue Lake Tahoe offer exceptional water conditions for canoeing, kayaking, rafting and similar group activities on the water.
- Squaw Valley Tram - take the ride of a lifetime 2,000 vertical feet up to famed High Camp for ultra high-altitude tennis, swimming, dining or sightseeing.
- Yoga - in between meetings or more intense physical group activities, yoga is a great way to both relax and energize while breathing deeply, stretching and strengthening.
- Ping Pong - break up the intensity of any meeting by blending fun, skill and lots of laughter in these classic group games that we can set up in your meeting or break areas.
- Movies - we'll set up your own private movie theater, with a large theater-style screen, surround-sound audio, comfortable chairs, blankets and pillows.
For more information, please email our Sales Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to explore our Meetings , Services and Catering pages for ways to make your Lake Tahoe meeting or Squaw Valley event even more successful!