1. Go for a snowshoe to see something totally new. There are myriad trails both around and above Lake Tahoe that offer amazing views, plenty of fresh air, and something even more rare - complete silence.
2. Kayak on completely still waters. Experienced kayakers know that winter is actually the best time to get out on the lake. Little to no boat traffic, perfectly calm waters, intense clarity, and crystalline turquoise hues are so inviting, you almost want to jump in (though we recommend staying in your boat!).
3. Take advantage of all the great winter sales. Just about every sports shop in Tahoe City, Squaw Valley, and Truckee puts this year's winter goods on sale starting sometime in March. Pick up great deals on brand new gear, demo equipment, even this year's rental fleet as the ski season winds down.
4. It's party time! Spring is replete with special events all over Lake Tahoe. Check out the Tahoe event calendar at gotahoenorth.com for a good round-up of all the goings on.
5. Create your own retreat. Ease your body's transition out of winter with an invigorating full body scrub, a relaxing massage, and a custom facial at Spa at Squaw Creek. Take a few yoga classes - there are studios in Squaw Valley, Tahoe City, and Truckee. Dine with good friends at the area's top restaurants. By the end of the weekend, you'll be fully refreshed and ready for spring.
Enjoy locally-sourced food, wine that rivals the finest cellars, and cocktails infused with herbs from our on-site garden.Make a Reservation
Surrounded by six majestic Sierra peaks, the Links at Squaw Creek is a championship Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course that rests serenely at the base of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows near Lake Tahoe, California.Book a Tee Time
North Lake Tahoe's luxurious Spa at Squaw Creek offers massage treatments, facials, and body treatments. Rated by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the Top 5 Resort Spas, Spa at Squaw Creek radiates with natural colors, materials and textures that bring the beauty of the outdoors in. Soothing water features, Aspen trees, river rocks, and natural sunlight reflect the beauty of Squaw Valley, California.Book an Appointment