We take pride in the strides we’ve made to do our part in creating an eco-conscious environment at the Resort.
Resort at Squaw Creek has always sourced the freshest produce from vendors, but recently took the supply chain from miles to feet for a variety of fresh vegetables and herbs that our guests will enjoy in all of our North Lake Tahoe dining outlets.
Rooftop Roots, the name of our garden, produces a variety of vegetables like onions, radishes, and microgreens, as well as herbs like rosemary, basil, and mint. All harvests from Rooftops Roots are used in the resort’s North Lake Tahoe restaurants, with menu selections including both food and cocktails at Six Peaks Grille, Sandy’s Pub, Cascades, Sweet Potatoes Deli.
Because hydroponic gardens produce a great deal of leafy greens, Resort at Squaw Creek partners with Tahoe Food Hub, selling our surplus to this local, Lake Tahoe non-profit organization.
LAKE TAHOE WATER
We proudly offer pure filtered Lake Tahoe water from all water dispensers at the Resort. They can be found inside of Sweet Potatoes and the resort lobby.
The flavors change every day. Try them out!
HOUSEKEEPING OPT-OUT VOUCHERS
For each day you opt out of Housekeeping, you will receive a $5 voucher to redeem nearly anywhere in the Resort, including an option to cash in on your final room bill.
• Energy efficient lighting in every room and suite
• New washing machines that use less water and energy due to efficient wash and spin cycles
• Low-flow aerators installed on faucets throughout the resort
• Eco-friendly cleaning supplies
GREENROOM MEEETING OPTION
In 2010, we implemented a plan to reflect a greater consciousness and awareness of where we can reduce our waste, water, and energy usage in supporting events held at our Resort.
Meeting Room and Supplies:
• Recycling stations for paper, cans, plastics, etc.
• Encourage usage of white boards instead of paper flip charts
• If paper flip charts are requested, use of post-consumer recycled content paper
• Reuse or recycling of leftover conference supplies, handouts, materials, packaging, nametags and binders
• Use post-consumer recycled content paper for notepads
• Meeting room thermostats, lighting and HVAC settings will be reset after events conclude to save energy
• Encourage use of “green” meeting space, i.e. outdoor space where natural light and ambient temperature is used
Food & Beverage Operations:
• Elimination of disposable plates, napkins and cups and encourage use of washable items
• If paper napkins are requested, they will be unbleached and contain post-consumer recycled content
• Menus are printed on post-consumer recycled content
Food & Beverage Sourcing:
• Use of ramekins for condiments instead of pre-packaged disposable packets
• Menus and wine lists offer vegetarian and sustainable (organic or biodynamic) options; organic coffee and tea
• Local and in-season regional cuisine is served whenever possible
• Use of refillable water pitchers and washable glasses instead of bottled water unless requested
• Use of email and electronic distribution of information whenever possible
Resort at Squaw Creek is proud to have one of California’s most environmentally sound golf courses. Our golf course is certified by the Audubon Society as a Cooperative Sanctuary, an honor presented for outstanding environmental stewardship. No artificial chemicals or pesticides are utilized in the maintenance of our golf course.
All around the resort and in every room and suite, we provide recycling bins for our guests to participate in being eco-friendly too.
Each guest room and suite is also equipped with coffee pods for the Keurig, which are also recyclable. As a staff, we participate in recycling programs behind the scenes.
HYDROPONIC WEDDING SALAD
Are you having your wedding with us? Choose our Toss to Order Hydroponic Salad Station that includes plants grown from our hydroponic garden.
Resort at Squaw Creek utilizes recycled paper for all business purposes, with copier default settings for dual-sided copies. Soy and organic inks are utilized on professionally printed collateral materials.
Enjoy locally-sourced food, wine that rivals the finest cellars, and cocktails infused with herbs from our on-site garden.Make a Reservation
Surrounded by six majestic Sierra peaks, the Links at Squaw Creek is a championship Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course that rests serenely at the base of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows near Lake Tahoe, California.Book a Tee Time
North Lake Tahoe's luxurious Spa at Squaw Creek offers massage treatments, facials, and body treatments. Rated by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the Top 5 Resort Spas, Spa at Squaw Creek radiates with natural colors, materials and textures that bring the beauty of the outdoors in. Soothing water features, Aspen trees, river rocks, and natural sunlight reflect the beauty of Squaw Valley, California.Book an Appointment