Meet Safe at Rizzo Safety Procedures
As Rizzo welcomes our guests we are guided by our commitment to safety and
care for each guest and colleague.
Learning and idea exchange is cornerstone of a Rizzo Experience and our team is
committed to providing the safest environment for everyone to thrive and grow
in. Each area of operation is dedicated to providing the world class service that
we are known for while adhering to the latest industry and health guidelines,
layered with UNC Guidance and the Global Care and Cleanliness Commitment of
Hyatt. We have a lot of people looking out for you!
While some things may look a little different… the smiles and the warm southern hospitality will be the same!
- All staff will be required to wear masks and gloves
- All high touch surface areas will be cleaned every 2 hours
- Hand sanitizer stations in all high traffic areas
- Social distancing markings on the floors at the front desk, in elevator and other key waiting areas
- Furniture in all areas to be moved to adhere to current guidelines
Meet Safe at Rizzo
As you check in a plexiglass guard to establish distance – but still see smiles – or smiling eyes
- Guest will be informed that they must request housekeeping service.
AM Service is available between 8-12PM
PM Service is available between 12-4PM
- Front Desk high touch areas to be sanitized every hour.
- Hand sanitizer provided for guests at each station.
- Key drop will be available for guests to leave keys.
- Folios will be emailed to guests.
- Remove from room:
Amenities will be removed from room but available upon request: Qtips, cotton balls, shower cap, Note pad, bed in a bag, etc.
Food and Beverage
- Front of house
- Sneeze guards in use
- Staff will service guests wearing gloves and masks. Management will guide physical distancing with the help of floor markers.
- Sanitizer stations at all points of entry
- All whole fruit will be washed and individually wrapped
- Rolled silverware will be used
- Tabletop items will be sanitized after every guest
- Dining room chairs will be reconfigured to physical distancing guidelines
- Outdoor seating in courtyard and a variety of outdoor spaces
- Grab and go market items for all meals
- In meeting room dining options Culinary
- All culinary associates to wear masks and gloves at all times with certain job duties requiring eye protection
- Dish machines will be checked every 4 hours to ensure proper operation and sanitation
- All workstations sanitized every 2 hours
- Regardless of task all culinary associates will wash hands every 30 minutes
- No bare hand contact with ready to eat food. (This was always a policy but thought we should note it)
- Kitchen is restricted to essential personal only
Dine Safe at Rizzo
- There will be one shared break located in each building
- A minimum of one Break Attendant will be present at break station
- Combination of disposable ware and china based on menu items
- Food items will be primarily “house-made” and pre-packaged
- Cleaning/sanitizing/disinfecting break surfaces and areas frequently
- Bottled Water available at break stations Filtered Water available where touchless water dispensers are located.
- Participants will be seated based on UNC and county Social Distancing recommendations
- Event spaces will be cleaned and sanitized during pre-event set-up, lunch and nightly refreshes.
- No service items or candy bowls will be pre-set on tabletops
- Supply Tables stocked with Tissues, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant Wipes, Masks & Gloves
- Markers & Erasers will be cleaned & sanitized daily. Each day 2 sets will be delivered to the meeting room and 1 set to each breakout room
- Meeting supplies such as scissors, tape, staplers available upon request
- Attendees will be encouraged to use existing Whiteboards where available. Flipcharts will not be pre-set as a standard but will be available upon request.
- After all meetings have ended for the day, all equipment will be sanitized. Public Areas and other services
- Shuttle van will be cleaned and sanitized between each use
- Deep cleaning 3 times daily.
- Guest Pantries/Guest Laundry
- Fitness Center
Virtual Meeting Guide