Preserving Our Environment, One Destination at a Time
At Destination Residences Hawai’i, we appreciate and value the natural world for the experiences it offers, the sense of wonder it provides, and the sheer beauty it holds. Our resorts and condo rentals throughout the Hawai’ian islands give our guests access to some of nature’s most spectacular sights—the magnificent volcanic peaks of Maui, the sublime coast of Wailea, the shimmering beaches of Mauna Lani, and the lush rainforests of Kaua’i.
As a responsible member of our community, Destination Residences Hawai’i strives to honor and preserve our natural world, not only for the benefit of our guests, but also for the benefit of our homeowners and employees who call Hawai’i home. We are therefore dedicated to practices and programs that pay respect to, and lessen our footprint on, our changing environment.
As one of the top ten hospitality management companies in the country (as ranked by Hotel Business Magazine), we are committed to creating a new benchmark through a series of environmental initiatives, both on the corporate level and at each of our individual properties.
Partnerships for a Better World
Central to our efforts are two key partnerships. The first is with the Hawaiian Islands Land Trust (HILT), whose mission is protect local lands using a unique, holistic approach to land conservation. We value the work that HILT does to ensure the long-term well-being of Hawai’i's most precious asset, and we have coordinated a “voluntourism” opportunity for our guests to partake in volunteer days at Waihee Coastal Dunes and Wetland Refuge throughout the year.
Our second partnership is with Clean the World, a social enterprise that works with more than 5,000 hotel and resort partners around the world. Clean the World collects and recycles soap and hygiene products for use in developing countries, with the mission of saving millions of lives by reducing the impact of acute respiratory infection and diarrheal disease. As part of our partnership, Destination Residences Hawai’i recycles discarded soap and bottled amenities into new, sanitized bars of soap and hygiene kits, ensuring that nothing goes to waste and enabling us to play a part in helping the lives of people in need.
Small Efforts Make a Big Difference
To further engage our guests, homeowners, and employees, we also coordinate a number of other initiatives, including the following:
- We publish and distribute a Farmer’s Market Round Up for all guests and homeowners to encourage local shopping
- At The Lodge at Kukui’ula, we give all guests two reusable water bottles and reusable shopping bags
- At our Maui front desk, we only use compostable plastics to serve our locally made arrival amenity
- At Wailea Beach Villas, we provide each guest with a reusable tote bag they can use for a number of things, from beach trips to shopping at the farmers market
- We serve local coffee from Maui Coffee Company and Kauai Coffee Roasters and provide reusable coffee cups and filters in residence
- We provide environmentally safe sunscreen made by Raw Elements at our front desk and at our pool areas
- We stock eco-friendly laundry soap in every residence
- In addition, we take part in quarterly cleanup initiatives every year in local communities to keep Hawai’i’s shimmering beaches pristine.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hawai’i and engaging you in our effort to make a positive impact on our world, one destination at a time.