These are just some of the reasons you should save your San Diego vacation for the winter.
1. Of course we have to start off discussing the San Diego winter weather. Instead of spending your winter shivering inside, enjoy San Diego’s beautiful winter climate. With average winter temperatures in the low 60s, most San Diegans can be seen in flip flops and light sweaters all winter long. We’ve also been known to hit the beach the second the temperature reaches 70 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens more than you’d think in the colder months! However, if you do want to experience the winter snow, extend your San Diego vacation by tagging on a trip to nearby Julian or Big Bear.
2. Holiday Wonderland at Petco Park is one of the largest winter celebrations in San Diego. Get in the holiday spirit with magical lighting displays, the Polar Express, Santa, Christmas trees and more.
3. The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights takes place on December 10th and December 17th, and will feature more than 80 boats lavishly decorated according to the theme “Christmas around the world”. Have dinner at Tidal to enjoy the best seat in the house!
4. From mid-December to mid-March, San Diego plays home to more than 25,000 California gray whales! “Whale Watch Weekend” programs throughout January are especially popular, with as many as eight gray whales migrating per hour.
5. Celebrate the holidays at SeaWorld Christmas Celebration® from November 18 – January. 6. It’s the most wonderful time of the year with fantastic holiday shows, like the all new O Wondrous Night™, over a million glimmering lights and festive decorations. Plus, meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer & Friends.The all new live nativity musical, O Wondrous Night™ brings the true Christmas story to life with live animals, over-sized puppets and over 30 Christmas carols.
Whether the occasion calls for a special, romantic dinner for two overlooking the glittering, moonlit Mission Bay or an island-inspired casual restaurant for the whole family, Paradise Point offers diverse dining options for San Diego locals and guests of our Mission Bay resort. Enjoy our signature beach restaurant Tidal, a laid-back dining experience at the waterfront Barefoot Bar & Grill, or quick eats at the poolside Tropics Cantina or Caveman Pizza Company.
Nestled in the lush, tropical foliage that surrounds Paradise Point's island resort is a premier spa vacation destination where exotic rituals from islands around the world and local San Diego influences collide. The result is The Spa at Paradise Point - an intimate and inviting San Diego day spa sanctuary voted one of the top 100 U.S. resort spas by Condé Nast Traveler.
With the backdrop of a lush oasis, exotic treatment rooms, and cooling sea breezes, the professionally trained spa therapists will lull you into a sense of well-being and relaxation.