Vail, Colorado is one of the world’s most beautiful mountain towns. Vail is often thought of as a ski destination, and while it is home to a premiere ski resort, there are countless things to do off the slopes all year long. In fact, Vail has so many activities that both families and groups of friends come back year after year.
From kids’ camps and alpine adventure to guided tours and luxurious day spas, there is no shortage of things to do in Vail. You can spend every day of your trip doing something different. Or, you can just spend your vacation relaxing and soaking in the peaceful views. Either way, you’re sure to leave to leave Vail refreshed and ready for your next trip. For those that are planning a winter trip around skiing or snowboarding, there is a large range of terrain at Vail Mountain. The Back Bowls are great for experts, while the Vail Ski & Ride School can give lessons to beginners.
• Skiing and snowboarding at Vail Mountain Resort
• Ice skating on Vail Square
• Nordic (cross-country) skiing
• Scenic gondola rides
• Alpine mountain coaster and tubing at Epic Discover
• Cozying up with hot cocoa in your spacious vacation rental
• Mountain biking
• Road cycling
• Strolling through Vail Village and Lionshead
• Whitewater rafting
• Horseback riding
• Ziplining at Epic Discovery
• Al fresco dining and wine tastings