Vail and Lionshead Village are adjoining base villages of Vail Mountain Resort. Montaneros in Vail is located in Lionshead Village, which is a picturesque mountain area with many dining options, shops and things to do.
Just steps from Montaneros in Vail, you'll find the following recommended restaurants:
• Tavern on the Square — New American restaurant with great cocktails and outdoor dining
• Vail Chophouse — Contemporary steakhouse and seafood restaurant with slopeside views and live music
• The Little Diner — Class diner serving hearty breakfasts and lunches, perfect after a day in the mountains
• Blue Moose Pizza — Go-to spot (that can accommodate groups) for New York-style pizza with a great patio that
• El Sabor — Street tacos and tequila are the South American restaurant’s classic items
• Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Shop — Classic creamery offering sweet treats in favorite flavors
Walk just a little further (or take a free in-town shuttle) to Vail Village, and enjoy iconic restaurants like Matsuhisa, Mountain Standard, Pepi's Bar and Alpenrose.
Vail and Lionshead Village activities don't stop at the bars and restaurants - there's great shopping too. Indulge in retail therapy and pick up a few unique items to take home at the following stores:
• Outdoor apparel and gear retailers: Arc’teryx, Patagonia, The Boot Lab, Vail Ski Tech, Salomon, Burton
• Boutiques: The Golden Bear, Perch, Valbruna, Gorsuch Ltd., Lululemon
• Gift shops: Annie’s, Shirt Off My Back, Charlie’s T-Shirts
If you need help finding particular store or place to eat, just call us and of our local travel experts will help you find the perfect place!
The entire Vail area is easily accessed via either plane or car. Interstate 70 runs past Vail, which is the best route from Denver. Eagle County Regional Airport is located 34 miles west of Montaneros in Vail and has direct flights from many major cities. Shuttle services are available from both Eagle and Denver International Airport.