Planning a trip to Vail but don't wan't to ski? We've got you covered.
Check out our staff curated list of top experiences in Vail this winter:
1. The Colorado Snow Sports Museum: The Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum is a treasure trove of ski history and heritage. Its 6 themed galleries display artifacts, narratives and film documentaries that entertain and educate visitors of all ages. Featured topics include Winter Olympics, Skiing and Snowboard history, Vail’s first 50 years, Ski Patrol, Hall of Fame and the famed 10th Mountain Division training for World War II at Camp Hale. Guided tours and presentations are available several days each week. The Museum Gift Shop carries a wide variety of unique vintage ski souvenirs and gifts.
2. Outdoor Ice Skating: Head over to The Arrabelle Vail Square in Lionshead to enjoy ice skating with friends and family. Rentals are available for a fee.
3. Rocket fizz Vail: This brand new, massive candy store is a must stop especially for families with children.
4. Vail Nordic Center: Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and fat bike riding. Come with your own gear or rent on-site - lessons are also available.
5. Snowmobiling: Snowmobile tours offered by local guides who can show you the White River National Forest from a whole new perspective. Tours can last from one to six hours, and transportation and gear are provided. For more experienced riders, unguided snowmobile rentals are also available.
6. Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
7. Snow Cat Tours: Sign up for a Snow Cat tour and experience great nature and wildlife viewing. Tours are offered by local companies and transportation, to and from the lodge, is included with most companies.
8. Spa day: Spend a day off the slopes relaxed and pampered. We would suggest heading to the spa at the Grand Hyatt Vail for a true 5-star treatment.