Picture this, the day you have been waiting for finally arrives, your wedding day! All those tiny details that have been carefully thought out are all set into place. But something you didn’t anticipate, the scorching summer temperatures have risen and your guests are beginning to sweat before the violinist has even begun playing that beautiful procession music. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to make sure the weather doesn’t ruin your perfect day.
1. Time of Year: When first planning your wedding, summer is the first time that usually comes to mind. Luckily here in San Diego, we are lucky enough to have 263 almost perfectly sunny days a year. October, November and December are the best-kept secret for a perfect wedding. At that time of year, San Diego still has that beautiful 72-degree weather that is perfect temperature for you and your guests to keep cool while still enjoying the beautiful sunny days.
2. Time of day: Starting your ceremony in the heat of the day can get your guests off to a bad start. Having a sunset ceremony or cocktail hour followed by dinner under the stars is the perfect way to keep your guests enthralled by the gorgeous scenic views without a second thought to the weather.
3. Never underestimate the power of the umbrella: when you and your love are exchanging your vows, you don’t want your guests to be squinting into the sun unable to share in this special moment. Our beautiful market umbrellas are a great way to keep your guests happy while not worrying about them missing a single thing.
4. Dinner and dancing indoors: a beautiful outdoor ceremony overlooking the ocean and a sunset cocktail hour followed by dinner and dancing indoors is a great way to ensure your guests get to share in the join of new exciting locations without spending too long in the summer heat.
5. Cute take-aways: hand out old time-y parasols to give a unique style or darling logoed fans to give your guests something to use during the ceremony. Then they can keep these as a keepsake for a memorable weekend.
Photo by True Photography
The options are many and the food is always fresh. Whether you dine in our award-winning signature restaurant KITCHEN 1540, take in the fresh ocean breezes on Coastline, kick back poolside at Bleu Bar, or stay cozied up in your guest room, Executive Chef Nathan Lingle and his culinary team will deliver a fresh and authentic experience showcasing local produce and sustainable seafood.Learn More
Spa L'Auberge is the perfect combination of relaxation and renewal with a focus on the healing powers of the ocean. Named in Condé Nast Traveler's "Top 25 Spas in the US", our ocean inspired Southern California spa resort near San Diego welcomes you to a variety of personalized treatments and luxurious services provided by highly trained professionals and guaranteed to make you feel pampered from head to toe.Book an Appointment