Lansdowne Resort and Spa is Committed to Protecting the Environment
When you meet at Lansdowne Resort, you can be sure that our conference services team at our green resort is committed to protecting the environment and conserving natural resources, while reducing our carbon footprint. We commit ourselves to the highest standards and have been honored with awards and green meeting certifications. Lansdowne is also recognized as a Virginia Green Lodging facility.
Before the event...
- Conference information is provided electronically.
- Any printed materials from the resort or printed at the resort are on Recycled-Content Paper that contains at least 30% post-consumer material and is not chlorine bleached.
- Double-side copying is encouraged.
- Paper products at the resort (writing paper, toilet paper and tissues) have not been bleached with chlorine and contain at least 30% post-consumer content.
- Electronic registration and check-out by the resort saves paper and energy.
- The resort provides shuttle bus service to and from the airports and can be promoted to attendees in advance.
- The resort will reuse crates or cartons when transporting supplies to reduce packaging materials.
- All confirmations and resort information are provided to guests electronically.
- Conference planning staff are trained to promote and utilize our green policies.
- Talk the Green Talk! Let your participants know that you have made an effort to minimize the environmental impacts of your event.
During the event...
- Clean-up crews are trained to recycle all recyclable materials from conferences, receptions, etc.
- All recycling areas are well marked and displayed throughout the facility and are easily accessible.
- Reusable serving containers and table cloths are used.
- The resort uses coffee mugs, paper or biodegradable materials for disposable cups and take-out containers.
- The resort uses reusable dishes, silverware and napkins for conference participants. If not practical, paper or recyclable disposables are used.
- Provide ceramic water jugs and recyclable paper cups instead of plastic bottled water, when requested.
- Provide event catering featuring locally sourced ingredients from local farms, artisans, and more.
Ongoing Programs at Lansdowne Resort and Spa
- Recycling all conference-related materials, including plastic, glass, cardboard, paper, metal, newspapers, fluorescent bulbs, toner cartridges and batteries.
- Providing recycling stations on conference floors, guest floors, recreation areas, food and beverage outlets, front desk, kitchen, offices and staff areas.
- Developing metrics to track conference center energy savings, money savings and amounts recycled.
- Utilizing an energy management program to reduce consumption of electricity.
- Replacing conference center equipment, as needed, with energy efficient models.