Update- March 23, 2020
NOTICE: 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine for all Hawaii Arrivals and Shelter in Place Order for all Islands
Beginning Wednesday, March 25th, Governor Ige of Hawaii has mandated that all residents and visitors across the Hawaiian Islands must shelter in place until April 30th. On Thursday March 26th, the Governor will implement a strict 14-day quarantine for all incoming people to Hawaii, including returning residents and visitors. While under quarantine individuals shall not leave the lodging accommodation to which they arrive, except to seek medical care. Failure to adhere to the 14-day self-quarantine protocol will result in fines up to $5,000 or up to one year in jail. Additionally, the government has closed all public attractions, gathering spaces, restaurants, bars and beach parks.
While we’ve always welcomed people to Hawaii with open arms, health and safety is our first priority. During this time, we need urgent action to protect our owners, guests, colleagues and our vulnerable island communities. So, it is with a heavy heart that we are informing guests to not to visit until after May 31, 2020.
The latest COVID-19 information can be found via this Department of Health link: https://hawaiicovid19.com/.
One of our guiding principles at Destination Residences Hawaii is kākou, the Hawaiian value of inclusiveness. It means that we are all in this together, and together we are stronger. This guiding principle has never been more applicable than in this current situation where the world needs us all to come together as one ‘ohana; only through our collective efforts will we move past this current crisis. We are committed to be a true partner during this uncertain time, and a tremendous host to our guests who place their trust in us.
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation through the Hawaii Department of Health and the CDC as it rapidly evolves. With heightened concerns surrounding travel and health, we have increased our cleanliness standards and have put many precautionary procedures in place to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. Here is how we are enhancing our health practices to keep our ‘ohana safe:
- Daily staff briefings to provide up-to-date preventative information, such as the CDC recommended hand washing guide. Click here to learn more from the CDC.
- Intensifying cleaning of high-touch areas like elevator buttons, doorknobs, front desks, and deep-clean guestroom procedures.
- Waterless hand sanitizer stations provided at high traffic public areas such as the front desk.
- Additional towels and disinfectant wipes in our gym facility - we’re asking that guests using this space assist in our efforts by wiping down equipment with the sprays provided.
- Educational signage in our public areas and washrooms to encourage CDC-approved hygienic standards.
- Employees who have the slightest symptoms of respiratory illness or fever, or have been in close contact with someone with those symptoms, have been instructed to stay home and seek medical care as needed.
We understand that everyone has different circumstances and the decision to travel is a personal choice. Guided by the time-honored value of kākou, we are temporarily adjusting our policies to allow for maximum flexibility. Click here to see our current change and cancellation policies to help guests make the right decisions regarding travel at this time.
The journey to our islands always involves air travel. We have been pleased with the steps many of our air carriers have taken to ensure our guest's health and peace of mind. For additional information on the COVID-19 response by airlines, we encourage you to explore these links highlighting their increased sanitation standards and their new, more flexible policies:
With the spirit of kākou guiding us, we will get through this because we know that together we are stronger. Thank you all for your attention and for allowing us to work alongside our guests to make their visit to the Hawaiian islands a pleasant one. Stay safe, wash your hands often, and we hope to see you here soon.
For questions please reach out to our onsite reservations team at 866.934.9176.