One you decide to confirm your wedding at La Cantera Resort & Spa, your catering manager will:
- Reserve the event space and provide you with an event agreement.
- Create an initial estimate of charges outlining general food and beverage commitments, deposit and final payment schedule.
- Establish contact with your Rooms Manager for your guestroom block (if requested), who will monitor the status of your guests room reservations.
- Act as your primary point of contact once your event(s) have been confirmed at La Cantera Resort.
- Act as menu consultant for all food and beverage selections.
- Detail your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume providing event specifics to our Resort staff so your expectations are communicated to everyone involved.
- Create a floor plan of your function space so that you may provide seating arrangements.
- Oversee the setup of the ceremony and reception room(s), food preparation, and other hotel operations.
- Review your banquet checks for accuracy prior to the completion of your final bill.
- Recommend outside Special Event Professionals to provide music, floral, photography and professional wedding coordination.
- Coordinate/manage wedding ceremony (if held at the resort).
To ensure a seamless event, we suggest hiring a professional wedding coordinator for at least the day of the event, if not longer. You or your wedding coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Assist with the etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony, and toasts
- Provide hotel with day-of timeline (no later than 10-days prior to event)
- Deliver and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors, and any personal items
- Coordinate/manage wedding reception
- Ensure the ladies have their corsages & bouquets and assist with pinning boutonnieres
- Assist with moving wedding gifts and having them delivered to the appropriate location at the end of the event
- Remind bridal party of all pertinent instructions on the wedding day
- Confirm details with all vendors several days prior to the wedding
- Be the liaison with your family, bridal party, band/DJ, florist, photographer and other vendors
- Assist the bride and bridal party with dressing the day of the wedding
- Ensure the ladies have their corsages and bouquets; assist the gentlemen with pinning of the boutonnieres
- Coordinate the grand entrance, first dance, toast, cake cutting, and other events for the reception timeline
- Coordinate with vendors and the Banquet Captain to ensure timeliness of the event
- Collect and/or store personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception
Rehearsal times may be requested for Sunday through Friday prior to 6:00pm for one-hour duration. Rehearsal times may be booked thirty (30) days prior to your event. Location and times are subject to space availability.
Complimentary menu tastings are available for receptions of 50 guests or more after the wedding has been contracted and a deposit has been received. Tastings are scheduled 90 days before your event and your selections must be confirmed a minimum of two weeks prior to your scheduled tasting. Tastings are based on availability.
If you have assigned seating, and/or if you have selected a plated menu with multiple entrée choices, you must supply escort cards indicating the guest name, entrée choice, and if appropriate, the table number at which the guest is seated. Place the entrée selection on the outside front of the card clearly visible to the banquet servers.
Food & Beverage
The Resort does not permit outside food or beverage with the exception of wedding cakes. Our culinary team provides and extensive selection of menus to satisfy any taste or ethnic background. Should you prefer to design your own menu or provide recipes our Chef is happy to work with you. Please also note we do not allow any food or beverage to be taken from the premises after the function besides wedding cake.
Although we do not have set start & end times, we plan start times according to season and size of your party to ensure a smooth flow for your wedding. We include 2 hours for your ceremony site, a cocktail hour for one hour and a five hour reception; not including set up or tear down time. Should you book a reception location only, you will be given 6 total hours for the event. Additional time for your reception is available at $250.00 per hour, not to be extended past 2:00 AM.
Group room block contracts are available for (10) or more rooms with a 2 night minimum required on high season weekends. Rates are based on double occupancy and vary by season. No guest rooms are held or blocked for your wedding guests without a signed agreement and deposit if necessary.
To confirm your wedding, a minimum initial payment of 25% of the estimated food and beverage charges and the facility fees, along with a signed contract is required. By 90 days prior to the event we require a minimum of 50% of the estimated food and beverage charges and the facility fees. All events must be paid in full no later than 10 days prior the event. Deposits are non-refundable. The cancellation policy is outlined in the wedding contract.
Welcome Bag Delivery
Welcome bag deliveries are available for the arrival of your guests staying at La Cantera. Bags can only be delivered once the guest has been checked in. Each bag will be delivered to the guests’ rooms by our Guest Services Department and will cost $2.00 per bag.
Any services that would incur costs (i.e. audio visual services. power, electrical charges, heat lamps, coat check, furniture removal, lamps, décor, etc.) will be discussed with you by your Events Manager.
Musicians, Florists & Other Vendors
Vendors will have access to ceremony location and the reception room, a minimum of 2 hours prior to the guest’s arrival time in each location. All decorations, vases, and mirrors must be removed at the close of the function – please arrange all drop off and pick-up time
s with your vendors. La Cantera Hill Country Resort accepts no liability for loss of vendor equipment and supplies.