- Hawaii - Island of Hawaii
- Hawaii - Kaua'i
- Hawaii - Maui
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Fun Maui Events Happening This Fall
The months of October, November, and December are a fantastic time to visit Maui. The islands tend to be a little less crowded this time of year, with the exception of the holidays of course, as the kids go back to school. In addition to quieter beaches and an easier time making restaurant reservations, there are some great fall Maui events that you may want to plan a vacation around. Take a look below at some of the unique autumn happenings on Maui.
1. Rocky Horror Picture Show – Live (October 1 – 31): Get in the Halloween spirit by attending a live performance of this cult-classic musical. Just ten performances are planned at the historic Iao Theater located in Wailuku. The small theater that can hold just over 400 attendees has been in operation since 1928 and will no-doubt be sold out for many of the nights. A local legend, Eric Gilliom, who has performed on Broadway and the Grammys, has a starring role in the performance celebrating its 50th anniversary.
2. Kula Pumpkin Patch (October 1 – October 31): Add some color to your vacation condo by picking up a pumpkin at the seasonal pumpkin patch located at Kula Country Farms. Open for the entire month of October, visitors can select their own pumpkin from a variety sizes, colors, and styles. The farm also has fun wooden cutouts and fall decorations that create the perfect backdrop for a family photo. In-between your pumpkin hunting, take a minute or two to admire the stunning views of the Maui valley below you. Drinks, snacks, and food will also be served!
3. Haunted Ghost Stories With Lopaka Kapanui (October 25): Listen to master storyteller Lopaka Kapanui share stories of Hawaiian legend about some of the most haunted places across the state. The hair on your skin will stand straight up after hearing some of his tales. This free eventis hosted at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center.
4. Made in Maui County Festival (November 3 & 4): Celebrating its 10th year, this two-day festival is the premier shopping event of the year when it comes to finding unique local crafts and goods. Over 9,000 attendees flock to the Maui Arts & Cultural Center where 130+ vendors sell items made on Maui, Molokai or Lanai. Talk directly to vendors and support local businesses. Some of Maui’s favorite food trucks and top musicians will also be in attendance.
5. Outdoor Movie Nights at Whaler's Village (Nov. - Dec.): Take advantage of Maui's warm fall temperatures and enjoy a movie under the stars in Kaanapali's Whaler's Village. Each weekend in November and December will be filled with a different family-friendly movie selection that starts 30 minutes after sunset. Grab dinner or dessert at the popular nearby options such as Hula Grill, Leilani's on the Beach, or Monkeypod Kitchen.
6. Santa Arrival in Outrigger Canoe (December 24th): Head to Wailea Beach on Maui's southern shore to witness Santa paddling in with an outrigger canoe full of holiday spirit and presents! Children will love the opportunity to see Santa arriving on the tropical shores of Maui!