An Art Mecca
Santa Fe is one of the most renowned art destinations in the United States, thanks to its cultural mix, natural beauty, historic Native American and Hispanic traditions, and the independent spirit of early 20th century artists like Georgia O'Keeffe. In fact, the Santa Fe art galleries in the area are considered one of the city's top vacation attractions. Today, Santa Fe's art market is the third largest in the United States – after New York and Los Angeles – with nearly 300 art galleries and dealers displaying traditional and contemporary painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, textiles and more. One of the most popular things to do in the city is to visit Canyon Road, which has the highest concentration of art galleries in Santa Fe and is within walking distance of the Inn and Spa at Loretto. In addition to the art galleries presented on-site at the Inn and Spa at Loretto, a few art galleries of note include:
- Gerald Peters Gallery: Recognized as one of the world's largest and most respected dealers in American art of the 19th and 20th centuries, featuring classic Western art, paintings of the Taos Society of Artists and the Santa Fe Art Colony, traditional and modern sculpture, photography and more.
- Nedra Matteucci Galleries: Specializing in the works of the Taos Society of Artists, the Santa Fe Art Colony, classic Western painters, and masters of American Impressionism and Modernism. Be sure to visit the Paseo de Peralta location's magnificent 1-acre sculpture garden.
- Winterowd Fine Art: Passionate art lovers enjoy visiting Winterowd Fine Art, a premier contemporary gallery on Canyon Road. Featuring abstract paintings and sculpture alongside sophisticated landscapes.
- Wiford Gallery: This intimate gallery on Canyon Road includes a welcoming outdoor garden and features kinetic sculpture by Lyman Whitaker, paintings by Sam Scott and Leslie McNamara, photography by Jack Perno, bronze sculpture by Mirtala and Ernesto Montenegro, and glass sculpture by Christopher Ries.
- Blue Rain: Offers contemporary Native American and regional art, with an extraordinary collection of bronze sculpture, pottery, paintings, glass, fiber arts and jewelry.
- Manitou Galleries: Manitou Galleries is one of the foremost galleries in the West, with locations on Palace Avenue, just off the Santa Fe plaza, and on the famous Canyon Road. The gallery offers one of the finest collections of contemporary representational paintings, sculpture, prints, glass, and fine jewelry, and our experienced and knowledgeable staff is always friendly and accommodating.
- InArt Gallery: Celebrating 10 years of representing the finest local, national and international artists, InArt Gallery has become a destination for those collectors seeking fine eclectic works of art. The gallery is also the exclusive home of Santa Fe Selenite. Housed in historically remodeled home, this award-winning gallery is located on Delgado Street just off Canyon Road. We invite you to come in and discover for yourself!