Vail Mountain, one of North America's largest ski resorts, is the backdrop for our guests here at Montaneros in Vail. With more than 5,000 acres just steps outside your door, Vail is perfect for year-round recreation. Our condos in Vail are steps from Lionshead’s Vail Square with world-class shopping, dining and nightlife.
Below are summer and winter attractions in Vail and the surrounding areas.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Vail Mountain boasts 33 chairlifts and more than 5,200 acres of terrain, right outside our back door.
- Snowshoeing: The Vail Nordic Center offers snowshoe rentals and guided tours. Montaneros can also arrange independent guides that operate in the White River National Forest and provide transportation to and from the lodge.
- Backcountry Skiing: There are numerous independent guides that offer telemark and cross-country trips into the national forest. Start your adventure with Vail's Nordic School.
- Cross-country Skiing: The Vail Nordic Center maintains a groomed track and offers classic and skate ski equipment rentals. For a different experience, try venturing out into the wilderness with Vail's Nordic School.
- The True West: 4 Eagle Ranch, a local working ranch, offers horseback riding, nightly Western-style sleigh rides, and dinners.
- Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
- Snowcat Tours: Sign up for a Snowcat tour and experience great nature and wildlife viewing.
- Sledding: Meadow Mountain, a fifteen-minute drive west of Vail, is the local sledding hot spot!
- The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens: Explore the beautifully manicured alpine gardens located in Ford Park, just a short distance east of Lionshead Village.
- Mountain Biking: Mountain biking has become one of Vail's most popular summer outdoor activities. You can rent a variety of bike types in the Village.
- Hiking/Walking: Whether you’re an experienced hiker ready to take on one of Colorado’s 14,000-foot peaks or just looking to take a leisurely stroll through Vail’s Bavarian-inspired village, the Vail Valley offers endless hiking options with unprecedented views and breathtaking sights.
- Horseback Rides: Book your ranch adventure with 4 Eagle Ranch, which offers activities ranging from rodeos, country western dance nights, family nights, horseback riding, zip-line adventures, 4X4 guides and cattle round-up.
- Fishing: The Vail Valley is packed with exceptional locations for fly fishing. Our seasoned local outfitters can put you on the water where all the action is, with everything you need to land that trophy high-country trout.
- White-water Rafting: Whether rafting on the famous Arkansas, the nearby Eagle or the popular Shoshone stretch of the Colorado River, you'll experience a rush of adrenaline, a splash or two of clean Rocky Mountain river water, and witness the breathtaking majesty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains from a totally different perspective.
- Golf: The Vail Valley is renowned for its 13 unique and intriguing mountain courses.
- Adventure Ridge: Located at the top of Vail Mountain and Lionshead Gondola at Eagle’s Nest, Adventure Ridge is the ultimate high-elevation playground. Offering fun-filled activities for all ages, including dino digs, half-day bike tours, guided hiking tours, orienteering, Frisbee golf, volleyball, bocce, croquet, horseshoes, a BMX course, rebound trampoline, and more.
World Class Skiing
Mountains of Fun