Guests of our resort in Vail, Colorado experience adventure at its best with more than 5,000 acres of skiing and many activities just steps outside your door.
• Skiing and Snowboarding: With 33 chairlifts and over 5,200 acres of terrain located out our back door
• Snowshoeing: The Vail Nordic Center offers snowshoe rentals and guided tours. Vail Mountain offers daily tours of snowshoeing that will take you into the surrounding wilderness as you learn about the area history, wildlife, and natural surroundings.
• Backcountry Skiing: There are numerous independent guides that offer telemark skiing and cross-country trips into the national forest. Start your adventure with Vail's Nordic School.
• Cross-country Skiing: The Vail Nordic Center maintains a groomed track and offers classic and skate ski equipment rentals. For a different experience, try venturing out into the wilderness with Vail's Nordic School, or book thru Vail Mountain for guided tours.
• Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
• Sledding: Meadow Mountain, a ten-minute drive west of Vail, is the local sledding hot spot!
• Dog Sledding: Mountain Musher offering the best dog sledding in the Vail Valley with happy dogs, private trails, and beautiful trails.
When the snow melts, championship golf courses, hiking and biking trails, horseback tours, fishing and festivals make Destination Resorts Vail the best place to stay for a true four-season resort experience.
• Betty Ford Alpine Gardens: Explore the beautifully manicured alpine gardens located in Ford Park and a beautiful location for wedding ceremonies.
• Mountain Biking: Mountain biking has become one of Vail's most popular summer outdoor activities. You can rent a variety of bike types in Lionshead Village.
• Hiking/Walking: Whether you’re an experienced hiker ready to take on one of Colorado’s 14,000-foot peaks or just looking to take a leisurely stroll along the Gore Creek, the Vail Valley offers endless hiking options with unprecedented views and breathtaking sights.
• Horseback Rides: Bearcat Stables specializing in guided horseback trail rides in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
• Fishing: The Vail Valley is packed with exceptional locations for fly fishing. Our seasoned local outfitters can put you on the water where all the action is, with everything you need to land that trophy high country trout.
• Whitewater Rafting: Whether rafting on the famous Arkansas, the nearby Eagle or the popular Shoshone stretch of the Colorado River, you'll experience a rush of adrenaline, a splash or two of clean Rocky Mountain river water, and witness the breathtaking majesty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains from a totally different perspective.
• Golf: The Vail Valley is renowned for its 13 unique and intriguing mountain courses.
• Adventure Ridge: Located at the top of Vail Mountain and Lionshead Gondola...at Eagle’s Nest, Adventure Ridge is the ultimate high-elevation playground. Offering fun-filled activities for all ages, including Friday Afternoon Club, zip line, adventure courses, tubing, forest flyer, and much more.
VAIL ACTIVITIES VAIL VACATION IDEAS