Mountains of fun!
Vail Mountain, one of North America's largest ski resorts, is in Christiania Lodge's backyard with more than 5,000 acres perfect for year-round recreation. Our lodge in Vail is also just steps from the front door of Vail Village with world-class shopping, dining, and nightlife.
Below are summer and winter attractions in Vail and the surrounding areas.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: With 33 chairlifts and over 5,200 acres of terrain located out our back door
- Snowshoeing: The Vail Nordic Center offers snowshoe rentals and guided tours. The Christiania Lodge can also arrange independent guides that operate in the White River National Forest and provide transportation to and from the lodge.
- Backcountry Skiing: There are numerous independent guides that offer telemark and cross-country trips into the national forest. Start your adventure with Vail's Nordic School.
- Cross-country Skiing: The Vail Nordic Center maintains a groomed track and offers classic and skate ski equipment rentals. For a different experience, try venturing out into the wilderness with Vail's Nordic School.
- The True West: 4 Eagle Ranch, a local working ranch, offers horseback riding, nightly Western-style sleigh rides, and dinners.
- Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
- Snow Cat Tours: Sign up for a Snow Cat tour and experience great nature and wildlife viewing.
- Sledding: Meadow Mountain, a fifteen-minute drive west of Vail, is the local sledding hot spot!
- The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens: Explore the beautifully manicured alpine gardens located in Ford Park, just a short walk east of the lodge.
- Mountain Biking: Mountain biking has become one of Vail's most popular summer outdoor activities. You can rent a variety of bike types in the Village.
- Hiking/Walking: Whether you’re an experienced hiker ready to take on one of Colorado’s 14,000-foot peaks or just looking to take a leisurely stroll through Vail’s Bavarian-inspired village, the Vail Valley offers endless hiking options with unprecedented views and breathtaking sights.
- Horseback Rides: Vail Stables are located across the way from The Christiania, or book your ranch adventure with 4 Eagle Ranch, activities ranging from rodeo, Western Dance, Family Nights, horseback riding, Zipline Adventures, 4X4 Guides and Cattle Round-Up
- Fishing: The Vail Valley is packed with exceptional locations for fly fishing. Our seasoned local outfitters can put you on the water where all the action is, with everything you need to land that trophy high country trout.
- Whitewater Rafting: Whether rafting on the famous Arkansas, the nearby Eagle or the popular Shoshone stretch of the Colorado River, you'll experience a rush of adrenaline, a splash or two of clean Rocky Mountain river water, and witness the breathtaking majesty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains from a totally different perspective.
- Golf: The Vail Valley is renowned for its 13 unique and intriguing mountain courses.
- Adventure Ridge: Located at the top of Vail Mountain and Lionshead Gondola...at Eagle’s Nest, Adventure Ridge is the ultimate high-elevation playground. Offering fun-filled activities for all ages, including dino digs, half-day bike tours, guided hiking tours, orienteering, Frisbee golf, volleyball, bocci, croquet, horseshoes, a BMX course, rebound trampoline, and more.
Skiing Conveniently Located at the Base of Vail Mountain
Snow Cat Tours for Viewing the Backcountry Nature and Wildlife
Hiking One of Colorado's Nearby 14,000-Foot Peaks