Be a part of history this January as we swear in the 45th President of the United States on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol building, just blocks away from The Embassy Row Hotel.
If you’d like to see the 2017 presidential inauguration in person, you can get tickets by applying with your local representative or senator’s office. There are also giant TVs streaming the Inauguration to thousands of people on the National Mall. For visitors coming from out of town and looking for accommodations, rooms are selling fast for Inauguration hotel packages so we encourage you to book soon!
There are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind before you attend:
1) Dress warmly – January is generally the coldest month of the year in the capital; temperatures can range from the mid- and upper-20s to the low 40s
2) Check advisories and bring your photo I.D. – security will be heightened, so make sure to have proper identification on-hand
3) Bring water and snacks – restaurants in the area will be extremely busy and vendors may increase prices due to the amount of foot traffic
4) Take the Metro or walk to the action – driving is not recommended, as major streets will likely be closed off and there will be hundreds of thousands of people in the area
5) Bring your camera – presidential inaugurations are historic events that only happen every four years – make sure to document your time in D.C.!
Driving is not recommended during the Inauguration, so please feel free to valet park when you arrive. We are 75 steps to the Dupont Circle Metro (Red Line) or a little less than a mile to the Capitol Building if you want to walk or bike. Be a part of this special day rooted in American tradition!