Winter in Vail
Winter Activities in Vail
Vail is one of Colorado's most exciting ski resorts and the ultimate mountain playground, ideal for a variety of Vail winter activities. Whether you're planning a family ski vacation or a romantic getaway for two, Vail offers winter fun for everyone.
Vail winter activities include:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: With 33 chairlifts and over 5,200 acres of terrain located out our back door.
- Snowshoeing: The Vail Nordic Center offers snowshoe rentals and guided tours. Vail Mountain offers daily snowshoeing tours that will take you into the surrounding wilderness as you learn about the area's history, wildlife, and natural surroundings.
- Backcountry Skiing: There are numerous independent guides that offer telemark skiing and cross-country trips into the national forest. Start your adventure with Vail's Nordic School.
- Cross-country Skiing: The Vail Nordic Center maintains a groomed track and offers classic and skate ski equipment rentals. For a different experience, try venturing out into the wilderness with Vail's Nordic School, or book thru Vail Mountain for guided tours.
- Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
- Sledding: Meadow Mountain, a ten-minute drive west of Vail, is the local sledding hot spot!
- Dog Sledding: Mountain Musher offering the best dog sledding in the Vail Valley with happy dogs, private trails, and beautiful trails.