A COVID-19 Update from Destination Residences Hawaii
Updated November 20, 2020:
Hawaii's Governor Ige announced the following changes to the Safe Travels program on November 19, 2020:
A negative covid-19 test result is now required PRIOR to boarding your flight to Hawaii. Beginning November 24th, transpacific passengers entering Hawai‘i will be required to provide documentation validating a negative COVID-19 NAAT test result before boarding their flight to the Islands. The test must be taken within 72 hours of departure to Hawaii from a Hawaii State Approved Facility. For the latest updates and information for your travels please visit Safe Travels Hawaii. Please visit the Safe Travels Account page to create your account and upload your test results prior to your flight.
For more information on traveling to Hawaii visit:
What to Expect When You Travel to Hawaii
Hawaii Tourism Authority Covid Updates
Go Hawaii.com Special Updates
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
One of our guiding principles at Destination Residences Hawaii is kākou, the Hawaiian value of inclusiveness. It means that we are all in this together, and together we are stronger. This guiding principle has never been more applicable than in this current situation where the world needs us all to come together as one ‘ohana; only through our collective efforts will we move past this current crisis. We are committed to be a true partner during this uncertain time, and a tremendous host to our guests who place their trust in us.
We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation through the Hawaii Department of Health and the CDC as it rapidly evolves. With heightened concerns surrounding travel and health, we have increased our cleanliness standards and have put many precautionary procedures in place to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. Here is how we are enhancing our health practices to keep our ‘ohana safe:
- Daily staff briefings to provide up-to-date preventative information, such as the CDC recommended hand washing guide. Click here to learn more from the CDC.
- Intensifying cleaning of high-touch areas like elevator buttons, doorknobs, front desks, and deep-clean guestroom procedures.
- Waterless hand sanitizer stations provided at high traffic public areas such as the front desk.
- Educational signage in our public areas and washrooms to encourage CDC-approved hygienic standards.
- Employees who have the slightest symptoms of respiratory illness or fever, or have been in close contact with someone with those symptoms, have been instructed to stay home and seek medical care as needed.
- The front desk at Gateway Shopping Center will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.
- The Tesla resort shuttles are temporarily halted.
- Housekeeping services will be every third day at Makena Surf, Polo Beach Club, Wailea Elua, and Wailea Ekahi.
- Housekeeping services will be one mid-stay clean for all reservations longer than six days at Wailea Ekolu and Grand Champions Villas.
- At Wailea Elua, the pools, gym, BBQ area, and community kitchen are closed.
- At Polo Beach Club, the pool and Sunset Seating Area are closed.
- At Makena Surf, the tennis clinics and water aerobics are suspended- the fitness center is now closed. The pool remains open with enhanced sanitary measures.
- The pools at Grand Champions Villas are closed.
We understand that everyone has different circumstances and the decision to travel is a personal choice. Guided by the time-honored value of kākou, we are temporarily adjusting our policies to allow for maximum flexibility. Click here to see our current change and cancellation policies to help guests make the right decisions regarding travel at this time.
The journey to our islands always involves air travel. We have been pleased with the steps many of our air carriers have taken to ensure our guest's health and peace of mind. For additional information on the COVID-19 response by airlines, we encourage you to explore these links highlighting their increased sanitation standards and their new, more flexible policies:
With the spirit of kākou guiding us, we will get through this because we know that together we are stronger. Thank you all for your attention and for allowing us to work alongside our guests to make their visit to the Hawaiian islands a pleasant one. Stay safe, wash your hands often, and we hope to see you here soon.
For questions please reach out to our onsite reservations team at 808.495.4491.