Nor'easter? No Problem!
The changeable New England weather is something even us seasoned Mainers cannot predict. Therefore, if a nor’easter or big snow storm comes roaring in, we have prepared a variety of fun activities for you to enjoy if you are forced to stay inside. Be on the lookout for a fun “pop up” activity to fill your time when the seas get rough.
Following are some examples of activities we will be offering in the event of a Nor'easter. Check with the activities center for specific times and events taking place.
- Bring your best vintage board game strategy to the table and participate in a competition with your friends and family
- Be the first to shout “Bingo” at our Cliff House version of Bingo with our Recreation Team. This classic features some Cliffside-themed twists. Bring your best game to the table for the chance to win a gift card to be used on the property.
- Break out your mittens for a Snowman Building Contest. Extra points for those that build a snow lighthouse or snow lobster!
- If you already have your mittens on and your snowman needs a home, build an igloo or snow fort to keep him safe in the winter squalls.
- The sun may set early, but we keep the lights on late with Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Golf.
- Try out the retro arcade games at Nubb’s Lobster Shack, and see who will be the next pinball wizard.
- Bring summer back for an afternoon with lawn games in the Cape Neddick salon. Options include favorites like Kan Jam, Cornhole, giant chess, and giant checkers.
- Treat the kids to an afternoon of splashes and laughter with a variety of pool games in our indoor pool.
- Paint your own wine glass or Mason jar—and then fill it with your favorite cozy beverage at The Tiller Bar or at Nubb’s Lobster Shack.
- Gingerbread houses aren’t just for the holiday season. Build a delicious, edible version of the mansion of your dreams—and then take it back to your room for a snack.