IMPORTANT UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
At the Christiania at Vail, the safety & well-being of our guests, owners, colleagues, and community is a top priority. We are are pleased to share the ways we’re taking action to ensure care & cleanliness.
This is a rapidly changing and sensitive situation. As we pay close attention to state and local mandates, we will provide the most up to date information we have regarding our collective operations on this page.
Guided by our purpose – to care for people so they can be their best – and following medical expert guidance to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, Hyatt supports the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s recently expanded Safe Stay initiative and traveler checklist on the wearing of face coverings in indoor public spaces and practicing social distancing.
For more information on the government orders, please see the following:
Eagle County is in level Yellow:
- Masks are required in all public spaces both indoor and outdoor in Golden Peak, Vail Village, and Lionshead.
- Restaurants and bars are limited to 50% capacity.
- Outdoor dining must be spaced so 6ft of distance exists between parties
- Last call is 11pm
- Indoor events are restricted to 50% capacity or 50 people
- Outdoor events are restricted to 50% or 175 people
- Eagle County's Five Commitments of Containment
- Private gatherings in your vacation rentals are limited to 10 persons
Christiania at Vail is following the county’s guidelines and transition trail map plan that can be viewed here.
Eagle County has asked visitors coming to Vail to review the Department of Public Health Environment's guidelines and commitments of containment. This is to ensure your, our staff, and local community's health and safety while enjoying Vail Valley.
Special provisions for non-local residents visiting Eagle County can be viewed here.
For our international guests arriving January 26 and after, please be sure you are complying with the federal CDC's requirements of a negative test prior to boarding your flight. More information can be found on the CDC web site >
When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be here ready to point the way to the trailhead.
Travel insurance is recommended, particularly in the winter months. Learn more>
General Property Information
- All properties and residences have been deep cleaned and sanitized.
- We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and colleagues to public spaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property.
- The health of our colleagues is being carefully monitored.
- The ice machine in the lodge will not be operational. Ice can be purchased at the Grappa liquor store in the village or at the grocery stores in West Vail.
- The lodge ski storage room is open with limited capacity and enhanced cleaning procedures. Social distancing protocols will be followed.
- Eagle County has mandated that guests and customers must wear face coverings when entering any place of business, indoor public area, and outdoor public areas. .If you do not have a face covering, we are more than happy than to provide you with one at the front desk.
We are committed to upholding the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please be sure to refer to your pre-arrival email for your check-in location. If you booked through a third-party, please refer to communication from your booking.
- Front Desk hours of operation at the Christiania Lodge are 7:00 a.m - 9:00 p.m daily.
- Check-in will be expedited to minimize contact.
- Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is at 11:00am.
- Due to enhanced cleaning procedures there will be no early check-in nor late check-out offered.
- Luggage carts will be available for guests and will be sanitized after each use.
- Masks will be available for guests upon check-in.
- Wearing face coverings in common areas and the lobby is required for all guests and staff.
- Upon departure, you can leave your keys in your condo or lodge room and lock the door behind you. There is no need to return to the Front Desk to check-out. If you would like a final copy of your folio, please call the Front Desk and request it be emailed to you.
Pools, Hot Tubs, Sauna, Fitness
- The pools and hot tub will be open with limited capacity accompanied with enhanced cleaning measures. Social distancing protocols will be followed in the pool area.
- Pool chairs and tables are placed 6 feet apart.
- The Christiania Lodge pool will be open 11:00am-8:00pm.
- The sauna at the Christiania Lodge will be closed.
- Guests wanting to use the Dryland Fitness & Spa must book exercise time slots online online in advance. Classes must also be booked in advance online as space is limited due to social distancing protocols.
- Dryland Fitness & Spa passes are limited to (2) passes per day, per condo or lodge room.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Rooms will be vacant for 24 hours between each reservation to ensure sanitation is complete.
- This winter daily housekeeping will not be provided in our vacation rentals to minimize exposure for both guests and colleagues.
- If you desire housekeeping services, please call us 72 hours prior to your arrival and arrange services. Guests must vacate the residence during these cleans.
- Christiania condo and hotel guests will receive cleans with no surcharge but must schedule their service in advance with the Front Desk. These services will be performed based on the availability of our housekeeping staff.
- Many items have been removed from the residences. If you need something, please call the Front Desk. Requested items will be delivered to the door, not placed inside the unit. Our colleagues will knock and leave the items outside the door.
- Maintenance requests will be fulfilled when residence is vacant. Guests may stay in a different room within the unit while maintenance is being performed, to maintain distancing.
- Rollaway beds are not available.
Please contact the Front Desk with any questions or concerns you may have.
All procedures are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC
and applicable governmental authorities.