IMPORTANT UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
At the Christiania at Vail, the safety & well-being of our guests, owners, colleagues, and community is a top priority. We are are pleased to share the ways we’re taking action to ensure care & cleanliness.
This is a rapidly changing and sensitive situation. As we pay close attention to state and local mandates, we will provide the most up to date information we have regarding our collective operations on this page.
Guided by our purpose – to care for people so they can be their best – and following medical expert guidance to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, Hyatt supports the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s recently expanded Safe Stay initiative and traveler checklist on the wearing of face coverings in indoor public spaces and practicing social distancing.
For more information on the government orders, please see the following:
Eagle County has become the benchmark nationwide for COVID-19 response and recovery. It was the first municipality in Colorado to set its own COVID-19 response rules and the first county to come out from under the stay at home order. Christiania at Vail is following the county’s guidelines and transition trail map plan that can be viewed here.
Eagle County has asked visitors coming to Vail to review the Department of Public Health Environment's guidelines and commitments of containment. This is to ensure your, our staff, and local community's health and safety while enjoying Vail Valley.
Special provisions for non-local residents visiting Eagle County can be viewed here.
When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be here ready to point the way to the trailhead.
Travel insurance is recommended, particularly in the winter months. Learn more>
General Property Information
- All properties and residences have been deep cleaned and sanitized.
- We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and colleagues to public spaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property.
- The health of our colleagues is being carefully monitored.
- Unfortunately, due to state and county mandates we will no longer be offering breakfast in the lodge.
- The ice machine in the lodge will not be operational. Ice can be purchased at the Grappa liquor store in the village or at the grocery stores in West Vail.
- The lodge ski storage room is closed.
- Eagle County has mandated that guests and customers must wear face coverings when entering any place of business or public indoor environment - this includes our lobby and hallways. Additionally, individuals are required to wear face coverings in public outdoor spaces when less than 6 feet of physical distance from non-household members is expected to continue for 15 minutes or longer. If you do not have a face covering, we are more than happy than to provide you with one at the front desk.
We are committed to upholding the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please be sure to refer to your pre-arrival email for your check-in location. If you booked through a third-party, please refer to communication from your booking.
- Front Desk hours of operation at the Christiania Lodge are 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m daily.
- Check-in will be expedited to minimize contact.
- Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is at 11:00am.
- Due to enhanced cleaning procedures there will no early check-in nor late check-out offered.
- Luggage carts will available for guests and will be sanitized after each use.
- Masks will be available for guests upon check-in.
- Wearing face coverings in common areas and the lobby is highly required for all guests and staff.
- Upon departure, you can leave your keys in your condo or lodge room and lock the door behind you. There is no need to return to the Front Desk to check-out. If you would like a final copy of your folio, please call the Front Desk and request it be emailed to you.
Pools, Hot Tubs, Sauna, Fitness
- The pools and hot tub will be open with limited capacity accompanied with enhanced cleaning measures. Social distancing protocols will be followed in the pool area.
- Pool chairs and tables are placed 6 feet apart.
- The Christiania Lodge pool will be open 11:00am-8:00pm.
- The sauna at the Christiania Lodge will be closed.
- Guests wanting to use the Vail Athletic Club must book exercise time slots online online in advance. Classes must also be booked in advance online as space is limited due to social distancing protocols. Book online here or download the VAC app.
- Vail Athletic Club passes are limited to (2) passes per day, per condo or lodge room.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Rooms will be vacant for 48 hours between each reservation to ensure sanitation is complete.
- This winter daily housekeeping will not be provided in our vacation rentals to minimize exposure for both guests and colleagues.
- If you desire additional housekeeping services, please call us 72 hours prior to your arrival and arrange services for an added fee. Guests must vacate the residence during these cleans.
- Vacation rental mid-week full cleans will be performed for stays of 7 nights or more at no extra charge. Please schedule your service in advance with our Front Desk. Guests must vacate the residence during these cleans.
- Christiania Lodge guests will receive cleans with no surcharge but must schedule their service in advance with the Font Desk.
- Many items have been removed from the residences. If you need something, please call the Front Desk. Requested items will be delivered to the door, not placed inside the unit. Our colleagues will knock and leave the items outside the door.
- Maintenance requests will be fulfilled when residence is vacant. Guests may stay in a different room within the unit while maintenance is being performed, to maintain distancing.
- Rollaway beds are not available.
Please contact the Front Desk with any questions or concerns you may have.
All procedures are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC
and applicable governmental authorities.