IMPORTANT UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
At the Christiania at Vail, the safety & well-being of our guests, owners, colleagues, and community is a top priority. We are currently working through a phased re-opening of our entire portfolio and are pleased to share the ways we’re taking action to ensure care & cleanliness.
This is a rapidly changing and sensitive situation. As we pay close attention to state and local mandates, we will provide the most up to date information we have regarding our collective operations on this page.
For more information on the government orders, please see the following:
Eagle County has become the benchmark nationwide for COVID-19 response and recovery. It was the first municipality in Colorado to set its own COVID-19 response rules and the first county to come out from under the stay at home order. Christiania at Vail is following the county’s guidelines and transition trail map plan that can be viewed here.
Eagle County has announced special provisions for non-local residents visiting Eagle County. Please review these guidelines here.
When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be here ready to point the way to the trailhead.
General Property Information
- All properties and residences have been deep cleaned and sanitized.
- We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and colleagues to public spaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property.
- The health of our colleagues is being carefully monitored.
- Unfortunately, due to state and county mandates we will no longer be offering breakfast in the lodge.
- The ice machine in the lodge will not be operational. Ice can be purchased at the Grappa liquor store in the village or at the grocery stores in West Vail.
- The lodge ski storage room is closed.
We are committed to upholding the Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment.
Arrivals & Departures
- Please be sure to refer to your pre-arrival email for your check-in location. If you booked through a third-party, please refer to communication from your booking.
- Front Desk hours of operation at the Christiania Lodge are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday with limited hours on the weekend. Please note hours may vary based on occupancy levels.
- Check-in will be expedited to minimize contact.
- Check-in is at 4:00pm and check-out is at 11:00am.
- Due to enhanced cleaning procedures there will no early check-in nor late check-out offered.
- Luggage carts will available for guests and will be sanitized after each use.
- Masks will be available for guests upon check-in.
- Wearing masks in common areas and the lobby is highly encouraged for all guests.
- Upon departure, you can leave your keys in your condo or lodge room and lock the door behind you. There is no need to return to the Front Desk to check-out. If you would like a final copy of your folio, please call the Front Desk and request it be emailed to you.
Pools, Hot Tubs, Sauna
- The pools and hot tub will be open with limited capacity accompanied with enhanced cleaning measures. Social distancing protocols will be followed in the pool area.
- Pool chairs and tables are placed 6 feet apart.
- The Christiania Lodge pool will be open 11:00am-8:00pm.
- The sauna at the Christiania Lodge will be closed.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Rooms will be vacant for 48 hours between each reservation to ensure sanitation is complete.
- Daily housekeeping will not be provided to minimize exposure for both guests and colleagues.
- If you desire additional housekeeping services, please call us 72 hours prior to your arrival and arrange services for an added fee. Guests must vacate the residence during these cleans.
- Mid-week full cleans will be performed for stays of 8 nights or more. Guests must vacate the residence during these cleans.
- Many items have been removed from the residences. If you need something, please call the Front Desk. Requested items will be delivered to the door, not placed inside the unit. Our colleagues will knock and leave the items outside the door.
- Maintenance requests will be fulfilled when residence is vacant. Guests may stay in a different room within the unit while maintenance is being performed, to maintain distancing.
Please contact the Front Desk with any questions or concerns you may have.
All procedures are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC
and applicable governmental authorities.