Need a break from the slopes or still looking to enjoy Vail without skiing?
Check out our staff curated list of top experiences in Vail this winter:
1. The Colorado Snow Sports Museum: The Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum is a treasure trove of ski history and heritage. Its 6 themed galleries display artifacts, narratives and film documentaries that entertain and educate visitors of all ages. Featured topics include Winter Olympics, Skiing and Snowboard history, Vail’s first 50 years, Ski Patrol, Hall of Fame and the famed 10th Mountain Division training for World War II at Camp Hale. Guided tours and presentations are available several days each week. The Museum Gift Shop carries a wide variety of unique vintage ski souvenirs and gifts.
2. Outdoor Ice Skating: Head over to the Solaris in Vail Village or The Arrabelle Vail Square in Lionshead to enjoy ice skating with friends and family. Rentals are available for a fee.
3. Pirate Ship Park: Located right behind the Christiania Lodge. This park best exemplifies the town's tradition of custom designed playgrounds. The newly rebuilt ship structure includes a crow's nest, three deck levels, multiple climbing nets and even a plank.
5. Vail Nordic Center: Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and fat bike riding. Come with your own gear or rent on-site - lessons are also available.
6. Snowmobiling: Snowmobile tours offered by local guides who can show you the White River National Forest from a whole new perspective. Tours can last from one to six hours, and transportation and gear are provided. For more experienced riders, unguided snowmobile rentals are also available.
7. Sleigh Rides: Enjoy an evening sleigh ride with the entire family and have a wonderful dinner provided at 4 Eagle Ranch.
8. Snow Cat Tours: Sign up for a Snow Cat tour and experience great nature and wildlife viewing. Tours are offered by local companies and transportation, to and from the lodge, is included with most companies.
9. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park: A must visit Colorado attraction! This is America's only mountain-top theme park above Glenwood Springs, offering cave tours, thrill rides, dining, children's activities, special events and more. The park has installed a new Glenwood Gondola with faster rides to the top and no stops. Buy your tickets now to get a 10% discount and expedited entry.
10. Iron Mountain Hot Springs: Offering 16 Natural mineral hot springs soaking pools and a freshwater family pool with jetted spa. All surrounded by mountain views on the bank of the Colorado River. Buy your tickets now to get a 10% discount and expedited entry.
11. Spa day: For a relaxing day of being pampered, head over to the Vail Vitality Center, across the street from the Christiania Lodge. The spa offers massages, facials and signature treatments via our therapists that have extensive experience in a variety of modalities
Visit our events page for updated winter events this season.