Still considering an August vacation in Vail? Late summer is the perfect time to visit. With the great snow year, Vail is experiencing one its most beautiful summers in recent memory. Take a look at our top reasons why late summer is an amazing time to vacation.
1. Weather: Late summer offers visitors a happy medium between the hotter July weather and cool fall temperatures. The August average temperature is a very comfortable 70 degrees allowing guests to take full advantage of all the best Vail outdoor summer adventures.
2. A true mountain town experience: Looking to enjoy Vail all to yourself? Schools back in session in August mean you can enjoy your favorite summer outdoor activities all to yourself.
3. Events: Some of Vail's best events are happening in late summer including: Vail Dance Festival, Vail Kids Adventure Games, Berry Creek Crash bike race, Vail Pickleball Open, Vail Film Festival, and Gourmet on the Gore.
4. Fishing: Early morning angling in August is fantastic.The rivers have slowed down, allowing for more wade fishing trips. There is still plenty of great fishing to be had in late summer!
5. Outdoor Adventure: Hiking and biking! All Vail Mountain hiking trails are now open and ready to be explored. Over 18 on-mountain biking trails are open and easily accessible via Gondola 1 and the Eagle-Bahn Gondola.