2015 Holiday Party Trends
- Events are adding a charitable component by encouraging attendees to donate to local drives for toys, food, and winter coats.
- Party attendees are going around the world – in the form of international food stations. What’s more fun that dinner in Thaliand and dessert in France?
- Family style is back.If space and guest count allow, setting the room with one large family style table really enhances the feeling of friendship and cheer.
- Because the holidays are a time of celebration for many cultures and religions, some groups are passing on the Christmas party and instead celebrating in the New Year.
- Comfortable and stylish lounge furniture is being sprinkled into event rooms to cultivate a relaxed atmosphere. Bean bag chair anyone?
- Custom hashtags are in. Think of it like a virtual photo album for your event and be sure and get creative with the hashtag you use to ensure no one else is using it.
- Instagram Printer to allow guests to have printouts of their own photos from the night, encouraging your guests to engage on social media will keep your party on trend this year. Selfie with Santa, anyone?
- Craft beers and classic whisky cocktails are popular on party menus this year. Think: Manhattans, Old Fashioneds, and mini craft beer flights.
- Plated dinners are evolving into casual station menus to keep guests mingling and moving.
- Nutcracker and Winter Wonderland themes are holiday party classics, but this year event planners are incorporating non-holiday themes like Cirque de Soleil, and masquerades.
Ready to start planning an unforgettable holiday event at a Destination Hotels property? Our talented meeting and event planners are ready to customize the perfect holiday party or event, just for you. For more information or to submit a request for proposal, visit the Destination Hotels Events page.