The Winning Team and New Healthy Kids Menu as determined by Iron Chef, Kids Café
Iron Chef, Kids Café was a huge success and a ton of fun for the Chefs and the judging panel of 6 kids. The winning team crafted a very creative, fun and healthy selection of items to put on our new healthy kids menu that will be rolled out to all Destination Hotels & Resorts restaurants.
As part of Destination Hotels & Resorts continual movement to embrace healthy, organic and farm-to-table cuisine at its restaurants, the kids menu is a critical component. The challenge is creating a fun but healthy meal that kids will enjoy. This is the task we put to our top Chefs during “Iron Chef, Kids Café”.
Executive Chefs from Destination restaurants across the country competed in “Iron Chef, Kids Café” to create a new kids menu full of healthy ingredients for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The winning dishes will be used at all Destination Hotels & Resorts restaurants across the country.
The Winning Menu Items for the 2010 Healthy Kids Menu
• Blueberry Muffin, Peanut Butter Banana Bread Pudding and a Non-fat Chocolate Milk shooter
• Squiggly Halibut Fish Sticks
• Veggie Smack & Cheese
• Mango Orange Smoothie
Congratulations to the winning team comprised of:
• Lee Hillson: Executive Chef, T. Cook’s, Royal Palms Resort and Spa, Phoenix, Arizona
• Chad Christy: Executive Chef, Rizzo Conference Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
• Tobby Rau: Director of Food and Beverage, Intercontinental Tampa, Tampa, Florida
• Chris Hettinger: Executive Chef, Tarrytown House Estate, Tarrytown, New York
• Russ Craney: Assistant GM, Vail Cascade Resort and oversees Atwater on Gore Creek
Stay tuned – this winning team’s creative, fun and healthy kids menu will be rolled out to all Destination Hotels & Resorts restaurants shortly.
To see all the fun and details from the day, visit our earlier blog post, Iron Chef, Kid’s Café – Creating The New Healthy Kids Menu.
Additional great dishes that were presented for the healthy kids menu: